Sharons and Kadees in HOn3

Duncan Harvey

I have a problem with the new Sharon couplers.  I was really looking forward to them as they would easy my transition from Kadees to Sergents since they will work with the Kadees, in HOn3.  Well they don't!

 I bought and assembled several.  Mounted them on various makes of cars.  Tried to couple them to Kadee #714 and they will not couple!  I have to work at it with some effort to get them to finally link up.  Same with uncoupling.

And since they do not have a centering spring and you have to align them by eye, and since we are getting older and our depth perception is not what it used to be, it appears it will be very hard to get them in proper alignment when they are a couple of feet away from us.   Like at the back of a scene.  This is not what we want on an operations based layout, like my club has.

Have any others found this to be true?  Is there some modification, or technique I am missing that will solve these problems?  Do the couplers need some development modification to get them to truly work with Kadees in HOn3?  Advice?

                                                                                              Duncan