Re: [SergentEng] Which couplers

Christopher Zurek

From about the mid 40's on Type H couplers were required on new passenger equipment. They were also used on new passenger locomotives such as  EMD F and E units and Alco PA's.

It appears that the SPD35's built in 1964 and 1965 had regular freight Type E couplers.

Starting in 1966 and to this day locomotives built for passenger service are equipped with Type F couplers.

Chris Z.

On 10/25/2014 2:52 AM, Rob Barker robkbarker@... [SergentEng] wrote:

the lower shelf makes me think they are type F.   Do passenger locos ever get H tight locks?

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 4:34 PM, imovahearnow79@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from imovahearnow79@... [SergentEng] included below]

Which style couplers do I need for a modern passenger diesel loco?  I've attached 3 pics i was able to get off th next due to content blockers here at work.