Re: [SergentEng] New Walters Amfleet

Christopher Zurek

Thanks for the info. All three of my Amfleet cars are the retooled cars with the metallic finish. I'm building the accommodation train that split off the Inter American at Temple, TX and ran to Houston back in 1980. The train consisted of an F40PH, a baggage car, a 10/6 sleeper (usually Budd), and Amdinette and two Amcoaches.

I put the project of fitting Sergent couplers to the Amfleet cars until I get the F40PH finished.

Chris Z.

On 8/1/2014 8:09 AM, 'Alden G. McBee' agm@... [SergentEng] wrote:
�

I added the type H couplers to a Proto Amfleet coach, and coupled it to the Amcafe with the same couplers. �They were good on tangent track, but the diaphragms �were too tight on my 30 inch curves causing them to derail. � I am going to explore my options: �i.e. can I modify the diaphragms to get more movement, make a spring mount (fore�aft) for the coupler, extend one coupler, or maybe just run with an older car with more spacing and more movable diaphragm etc.? �The metallic finish on the new cars contrasts with the aluminum finish on the older ones, however. �

�Alden McBee

On Jul 16, 2014, at 1:24 PM, ALDEN MCBEE <agm@...> wrote:

I added them to an Amcafe and coupled it to an older Amfleet coach with the larger sprung diaphrams. �They went around my 30 " radius turns just fine, but I have yet to try two of the newer ones together as I only have the one. �I am still waiting for one of the new Amfleet coaches.
--Alden McBee

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Christopher Zurek zurekc@q.com [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:
�

Hello all,

Has anyone tried putting Type H couplers on the new Walthers Amfleet cars that came out earlier this year?�

Chris Z.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note� II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Join SergentEngineering@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.