Re: [SergentEng] Intermountain R-70-20 couplers

Christopher Zurek

Well, Intermountain (IMRC) changed the coupler pocket after Kadee discontinued the #78 coupler. I think that IMRC now uses the #158 coupler just like Kadee does in the #178 box, which replaced the #78.

I have several of the RTR cars that I haven't checked into yet, but I think some are original and some are modified. The two undec kits I bought have coupler boxes that were designed for the #78. I don't think that any undec kits have been available with the modified coupler pockets.

Chris Z.

On 7/7/2014 9:51 PM, 'Jason McKee' jdmkee@... [SergentEng] wrote:

Just wondering if the intermountain kits have a different set up to the factory built models. I think I will order a set of extended length couplers and modify the post as per the instructions on the website

Thanks for the thoughts guys

Jason