Re: [SergentEng] Re: Kato coupler conversions

Christopher Zurek

I decided to go the route of the DW buffer and a scale width coupler.

I have a couple of Kato GP35's, one in Rio Grande and one in SP, that I'm working on.  The Rio Grande on is 19 years old and I thing the SP one is pushing 22 years. They both still run great.
Besides the scale buffer and Sergent couplers they are also getting nose lights, sound and LED lighting.

I will say that reworking the pilots with scale buffers and using Sergent couplers really helps the look of these models. When they get done I will put up pictures.

Chris Z.

On 5/30/2014 2:22 PM, James Wall nsc39dash8@... [SergentEng] wrote:

Now to clean up the Kato draft gear I would use the new Detail West scale coupler buffer. The I would try the narrow shank in the scale box which will need some work to fit a loco, have not tried this yet either, just an idea. I made a suggest for the tailor made to fit these new DA coupler buffers and the Atlas locomotive scale coupler pocket. I hope Frank will work on this in the future. I have used the EC87 as shown in the guide section for the Atlas.

James Wall