Re: Kato coupler conversions

David R. Olsen <drolsen@...>

James - I think you meant to refer to the Details West scale coupler buffer, as opposed to DA.

Dave Olsen
Alexandria, VA

On May 30, 2014, at 15:22, "James Wall nsc39dash8@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:
I have put EC87's in my Kato units( SD40, 40-2, 45) with no problems. The early version of the SD40 did only have the horn hook with the plastic push pin, same as Kato did on early Atlas chassis. The Kadee box will work. You need to drill and tap the hole for the push pin for a 2/56 screw.
Now to clean up the Kato draft gear I would use the new Detail Associates scale coupler buffer. The I would try the narrow shank in the scale box which will need some work to fit a loco, have not tried this yet either, just an idea. I made a suggest for the tailor made to fit these new DA coupler buffers and the Atlas locomotive scale coupler pocket. I hope Frank will work on this in the future. I have used the EC87 as shown in the guide section for the Atlas.

James Wall