Re: For Sale: Multiple coupler types, assembled and kits - Australia

Leni Bogat

I find it curious that Mike should
 blow a gasket at my agreeing with someone else’s assessment of  DeJoy, while apparently remaining unperturbed by those very comments, repeated by their author below. I guess I will retreat to the calm of my created world in which peace and harmony reign in spite of the less than stellar track work.
Feel free to delete me permanently. I shall soon be unable to see anything smaller than a Kadee semi scale coupler in any event.

On Feb 21, 2022, at 12:47 PM, Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:

Mike, Atlas Air, DHL, FedEx and some UPS flights move the international mail. To the best of my knowledge UPS is under no restrictions to any Pacific Rim or Middle East destinations. DHL is a primarily mail carrier out of Europe. FedEx is has major US mail contracts. To the best of knowledge neither of them are under destination restriction either. Atlas Air operates the planes for DHL and Amazon by the way.
The lack of international passenger flights to Australia and New Zealand is Louis Dejoy’s lie and excuse for the mail curtailment. He has personal motives for this. He’s a business crook.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 08:23 Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
dale yeah I understand that ... but sometime last November the USPS restricted deliveries to Australia and New Zealand ... along with such great spots as Yemen and Afghanistan etc.

Mike Conder

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 5:44 AM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
Mike,
British Air and Lufthansa have daily flights to Denver from London and Frankfurt respectively. They fly to Denver not because there is a great, vast need for people to get from those points of origin to Denver. It's the air freight that is paying the bills on those flights and it always has and it always will.

Dale Buxton

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:
Last I heard was that the US has limited service to Oz and New Zealand as normal commercial flights there have been curtailed by those countries.  No planes, no mail heading to/from there on planes.

Mike Conder

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 3:28 PM Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:
The current US postmaster is a self serving face job named Louis DeJoy. Last December he suddenly announced that the United States Postal Service could no longer afford to ship the mail to Australia and New Zealand. An out and out lie!

Never mind the proven fact that he is invested in several companies that ship international parcels in direct competition with the US mail. His actions are a clear violation of conflict of interest laws in this area.

Because the the US postal service is run by a board of regents style committee. He can not be directly removed by executive action. The postal board most vote to remove him from office. But believe me, there is a movement afoot in the USA to have this self serving jerk removed from office and banned from public service for good.

Dale Buxton

On Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 08:38 Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:
There is currently some sort of financial or regulatory stand-off
between the USPS and the Australian mail system, at least from the US
outbound.  First class package service has been suspended in favor if
the much more expensive priority mail.  I don't know if it is in effect
inbound as well.

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10013&ccode=AU&oz=93420&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=2%2F19%2F2022&mdz=8%3A29&m=6&dvi=50&p=0&o=7

Andy

https://www.avg.com