Re: Group

Dale Buxton

It is important to understand what Frank is saying about the unavailable couplers.  All of the “UNAVAIlABLE” couplers are of the “Investment Cast” variety. This means that a master part is cast or printed in wax, plastic or resin and then sacrificed in the casting process to make its metal duplicate. It is a time consuming process. Frank’s 3D  high- resolution printer died some time back and he lost the ability to do the “Investment Cast Couplers” at that time. All of his efforts to replace his printer with another type of machine have fallen short of the quality that he wants.

The standard Die-Cast E-type and Sharon Type couplers are and have been  continuously available.

Dale B.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 18:53 Todd Sullivan via Groups.Io <sullivant41=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I visited the Sergent site perhaps 4 weeks ago, and many of the coupler styles were showing 'out of stock'.  After reading some of the recent other posts on this list, I'm not sure what is going on.  A short blurb on the website home page indicates that the cast parts are unavailable (maybe due to losing a supplier?), and encourages others to manufacture them.

If anyone has any additional information about the company and/or product status, please post it.  The Sergent line of couplers is valuable to the hobby as innovative and very much to-scale parts.

Thanks,
Todd Sullivan
(who used Sergent Sharon design couplers when I was modeling in HOn3)