Re: Can anyone convert CAD files?

Timothy Cann

When an STL file is opened in SolidWorks (SW) it can be saved as a SW Part file (SLDPRT) and then used together with others to form a complete Assembly file (SLDASM).  However the SLDPRT files only show that the details have been imported; it is not a complete SLDPRT if it were built from scratch in SW.  My Sergent / SW assembly files are fully functional (a pair can be coupled & uncoupled), to scale, and work well when used with the other SW parts that are part of my HO rolling stock and engine library.
Tim