Re: Uncoupler

Timothy Cann

You are right about everything you say about RailPro, and you could add more reasons over using DCC.  One thing you don't mention is the cost: about $40 additional per car or engine with uncoupler support.  Cost is going to be the main determiner for someone to consider using my design.  At $114 per car or engine (see my details in the Files section) for uncouplers at both ends will probably be rejected off-hand simply because of the cost, and there is nothing about my design that would prevent someone from using RailPro instead of DCC with everything else I've described unchanged.  Thank you for your e-mail.