Re: Blackstone cars and Locos

Mike Chamberlain

Thanks Dale , that's kinda what I figured .....Mike

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 7:31 PM Dale Buxton via Groups.Io <the_one_tuatha_ddana=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The pivot point ( the post with the threaded hole where the coupler cover screw goes) on Blackstone cars is only the same diameter and tapper on the box and stock cars (same under frame). The gons, flats, tanks and refrigerators all have slightly different diameters and tappers. So plan on reaming all Sharons with a tapered reamer.

Dale

On Sunday, May 26, 2019, 15:11, Mike Chamberlain <mikec6201@...> wrote:

  A couple weeks ago I bought a small set of the HOn3 Sharon couplers for Blackstone models . It looked like the website said they would work without mods. on the boxcars and stock cars , but they will still need reamed as they are way too tight . Should I also expect the other cars to  require this , and are there any other mods I can expect for the other Blackstone cars ? .....Mike