Re: (topic was Frank) New topic - progress is being made

Tom Colasurdo

RJ:

Just tried Sergent Engineering Home Page ... the "Instructions, Etc" button is working, click on it ... then click on the "Click here for Instructions" link ... then click on "3D Models" ... then click "Click here to download".

This will download a zip file with the IGS files.

Hope that helps.

V/r,
Tom C.

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 3:50:02 PM EDT, RJ Dial <radiodial@...> wrote:

I tried to find the source files on the website to no avail. The original instructions didn't work ("Home Page button and then Note from Frank").
Are they .stl files by chance? I just had some more detail parts printed from my design on Shapeways, and noticed the same parts would have been $16 instead of $10 if I had them made in brass instead of fine detail resin. Their method is metal is poured into a plaster mold made from a 3D printed wax model. Not sure if that would result in the tolerances needed, but thought it would be worth a try.
RJ Dial
Burlingame, CA