Re: Frank

John Larkin

Just as a suggestion, how about we let Frank decide if he would like to have a better 3D printer for him to make coupler parts or would he prefer (because of time for smaller lots, for example) to let another party use his drawings to make parts for the low run specialty parts?  It might then be easier to set up a small corporation (of whatever type, C, S, etc.) and those who'd like to pitch in could own stock in the company.  The individual who is willing to make parts with it could be granted additional shares for the time, and then even get some added funds if the printer was used to make additional model railroad items that required time.  I'm trying to avoid saddling somebody with the burden of learning how to do 3D printing, then making and shipping parts, etc., without at least offering them something in return.

This is just an idea and I'm not trying to say this is a final solution, only one idea that might work.  I'm sure you guys would have better ideas so consider this a start.  Those who put money in could receive some compensation, or it might be in parts, of just good hearted helping, whatever is fair and works for everybody.

John Larkin

On Sunday, April 28, 2019, 12:46:15 AM CDT, Mark <markstafford15@...> wrote:

Tim I believe you make great points, but I do think Nathan is onto at least part of the solution.

i think I have already purchased enough of Frank’s wonderful couplers for My personal needs but that doesn’t mean I would not be prepared to participate in a crowd funding venture to help Frank get what he needs to get on track.

I believe it would be in our best interests to support Frank to do what is required.

Mark Stafford
Macedon Australia