Re: Membership

Rob Barker

+1 on the thumb/finger over trick.  I *seems* like it would *never* work but once you get the hang of it, after two or three couplers, it's amazing how well it actually works!

And that said there are still conversions where you can't get your thumb in, and then I usually give a tweezers/knife combo approach a go but if they aren't cooperating I just skip the spring :-)

Rob

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 1:36 AM Tim L <tim@...> wrote:
I use the method given in the first Installation Tip
(InterMountain/Tichy Single Sheathed Box Car) on the Sergents website.
Amazing how well this method works. It's a bit more difficult when a
molded on coupler box doesn't have a flat top, like the Proto2000 Type
21 Tank Car (Installation Tip 8) but even then "finger-over" method can
work. I can't link directly to the tip, Franks site sill uses Frames
(for shame Frank) but just go to Instructions Etc on the Sergent website
and scroll down the the Installation Tips link.

- Tim