Re: Membership

Edward Sutorik

I put the springs in with an X-acto blade.  I put the pointy end of either a #16 or the pointy one between the coils.  Then I can pick up the spring and put it in the slot/hole.  I rarely lose a spring doing it this way.  I started with this method back when we had to build up our own trucks--placing 4 springs in each one.

If/when I get where it's just too difficult to get the spring in, I'll leave it out.  I do like that the spring keeps the coupler from wiggling, but it's not really that big a deal to me.

Ed

Edward Sutorik