Re: Membership

Dale Kritzky

I brag all the time about using Sergents and the centering question always comes up, the problem is the Kadee mentality, everybody is so set in their ways that their too afraid to try Sergents or they can't handle the extra 1 second of planning that it takes to use the Sergents.

On January 3, 2019, at 11:37 PM, Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:

Yup Andrew, me either. Unless you want them to work like Kadee 714's with the trip pins removed. To me that is like a GIANT step backwards with Sergents. I designed a coupler box that would do this centering chore for Sergents and I sell it on Shapeways. Sales have been very slow. It was not a project  that wanted for myself. Rather, I did it as a project to see if there was really a large interest in this whole coupler centering thing. For myself, I use prototypical coupling practices. My grandfather and his father were Switchmen. What grandad taught me about car movements and the coupling of cars to trains works just fine with Sergent Couplers. Nuff said.

Dale

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 8:10 PM ihtsbih_2014 via Groups.Io <ihtsbih_2014=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dale,

I seen people mention that.  To me it ruins the whole point of having Sergent couplers.  I don’t get the automatic centering thought process.

Andrew