Re: Membership

Dale Buxton

You don’t have to have the springs in there you know. They are only there to keep the coupler in specific position for coupling.  I personally don’t use the springs and they work fine for me without them.

There is a school of thought that Sergents need to modified to automatically center the couplers. I personally don’t see the need. To each their own I guess.

Dale

On Thursday, January 3, 2019, 17:00, Nick Brown <nsbrown455@...> wrote:

I have been an HOn3 modeler for more than 40 years.  I've always used Kay Dee couplers.  I was inspired to try Sergents by articles in the HOn3 annuals but only got the proverbial 'round to it' a few days ago.   I'm wondering how anyone keeps those little springs from flying away.  I'm trying a method that doesn't use springs.   Hope it works.

Nick Brown, Boise, Idaho