Re: Coupler stock

Jamison Amis

Ed,

I'd think that doing the castings "the old way" would likely lead to a greater possibility of yielding parts with notable deviation in dimensional tolerances, which could create serious operational reliability issues when you're talking about a precision miniature mechanism like a Sergent coupler.

A 3D Printer should permit tighter tolerances to be achieved on a much more consistent basis, nevermind that it would reduce the workload needed to make each individual piece.

Jamison Amis

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018, 3:48 PM Edward Sutorik via Groups.Io <Edwardsutorik=aol.com@groups.io wrote:
I understand how using the 3D printer works.  I just don't see how it's a necessity for producing investment cast coupler parts.  There IS the old way.

Ed

Edward Sutorik