Frank,
This sounds really bad,almost "unfix-able."(?) I was just headed back to HO from O looking forward to outfitting everything to lower/upper shelf couplers,but this sounds like I may never get them except if I can stand Kadee or McHenry which aren't options for me. Am I reading too much into this present setback? Investment cast couplers have had many difficult periods over the years as I recall-is this one in a major way more serious?

Alan Hummel

On Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 11:01:17 PM EST, Frank Sergent <fsergent@...> wrote:

Here I am!

The new printer appears to be a bust and I’m pretty much out of stock on all of the investment cast stuff. I haven’t given up completely, but I’m not sure what else to try. I wish I had better news to tell. After months of messing with the thing and waiting for custom parts that don’t fix the issues, the accuracy and reliability is still not there. Its all pretty disheartening actually. I’m kicking around ideas about building my own printer but that seems like more than I can take on at this point.

The die cast stuff (EC87, EN87, SBEC87, and Sharons are still available and will be for the foreseeable future.

Not sure what the question was about dummy couplers, but those are no longer available either. Those were a neat product made by Frank Glatzl that nicely complemented my line. He decided to discontinue the product. I bought everything he had left and now I’m sold old. I’m not sure what else to say there.

Sorry guys.

Frank

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Sergent Engineering] Coupler stock

Well unfortunately I have tried sending multiple emails in the last few months with no success, someone mentioned he heard Frank was getting all his emails sent to spam so he wasn't getting them, so I figured I'd ask on here. None of the type Fs or long shank lower shelfs are showing in stock and it's been months since they announced the new printer