Re: Making the plunge!

redleg142@...

Hello, All.
 My name is Cecil Collum and I have been a member about three weeks and have purchased and assembled the six EC87 couplers in the starter kit. I alssembled one coupler without the fixture then bought one and assembly of the other five took only about 30 minutes.
 To prevent losing the tiny balls and springs, I used a jewlers tip and put the bottom of my shop apron on the benchtop, placed the parts on that and had no ptoblems with fly away parts. My apron is medium blue so the parts contrasted well.
 I am building an HO pike after thirty years of N scale modeling, so my railroad is not operational just yet.