Re: Coupler Knuckles

The Athearn knuckles don't look that out of scale. But the real knuckles weigh 75 lb so you don't want to have to carry them too far!
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 8:40 AM Artur Pawlowski via Groups.Io <artur_pawlowski37=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I had a look at the athearn ones and you are right they are too small. I have some spare to scale knuckles with brackets that I can send you. See pics.

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, 11:28, Andy Jackson <lajrmdlr@...> wrote:

But are the Athearn knuckles to scale like the Sergent ones are?
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 8:21 AM Artur Pawlowski via Groups.Io <artur_pawlowski37=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Athearn sells the knuckles with the bracket for the back of the pilot. But you have to order over the phone.

On Sunday, November 4, 2018, 11:15, Randall Vos via Groups.Io <r_vos1979=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all, I've been working on some Wisconsin Central GP38-2s lately, and a thought popped up. these engines have spare knuckle holders installed, and I was thinking of using Sergent knuckles as details.  Was wondering if Frank ever thought about selling just knuckles in packages of about a dozen or so as details. I'd hate to cannibalize knuckles from working couplers as details.

Thanks,

Randy