Re: Leaving out the friction springs

Artur Pawlowski

I never install the springs, I did once but it made no difference. There in no slag so I don’t see the point.

On Thursday, July 12, 2018, 16:11, Edward Sutorik via Groups.Io <Edwardsutorik@...> wrote:

I have just temporarily assemble several cars, including the (Sergent) couplers.  Because I intend to take them back apart, and because it's kind of a pain to assemble everything, I decided not to put the little friction-inducing coil spring in.

Got me wondering.

Has anyone left the springs out?  And been happy with it?

It'll be a couple of months before these particular cars can be road tested (without springs), but I thought I'd bring it up now.  Mostly 'cause I can't do much real work because of that famous knee replacement surgery you all are familiar with.  Or will be.

Ed

Edward Sutorik