Re: 3D Printers

David Jobe, Sr.

First, many thanks to Frank for providing so much detail.  It would appear that we are on the cusp of a great leap forward in affordable capabilities.

Loren – Where is the FABLAB located?  Contact information?  And, here is the language from the fusion 360 site Frank lined to earlier:

Startup: If your entitlement has been designated as “Startup, ” You may use the service if You are (a) a company, startup, or home-based business that generates less than $100,000 (or equivalent in other currency) per year from the total sale of goods or services, or (b) an individual using the service for personal non-commercial projects, hobbies, or personal learning.

It certainly appears that you or any other hobbyist should qualify based on sub-paragraph (b).

David Jobe, Sr.

Saint Ann, Missouri

From: SergentEngineering@groups.io [mailto:SergentEngineering@groups.io] On Behalf Of L. J. Casey
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:07 AM
To: SergentEngineering@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Sergent Engineering] 3D Printers

well, I called and talked to someone and said I was a hobbyist, and that I was not using it for profit based activities, and the person I talked to (of course not using

straightforward language) told me it wasn't free for my uses.    Since I used to work for a software development company, I am sensitive to illegal use of software.    I have not

settled on/learned a particular CAD program, and have downloaded the blender tutorial, plus when my schedule calms down, I was planning on using the CAD learning lab at the local

FABLAB here.    May have to revisit the 360 site.   Seems a number of model railroaders have settled on Fusion360 as their go to CAD.

LJ Casey

Maryville,IL

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:00 AM, Frank Sergent <fsergent@...> wrote:

Yes. But its not AutoCAD and not Inventor.

--------- Original Message ---------

Subject: Re: [Sergent Engineering] 3D Printers
Date: 7/12/18 9:48 am
To: SergentEngineering@groups.io

This is through Autodesk?

Mike Conder

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 1:59 AM Michael Graff via Groups.Io <michael.graff=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Regarding the Fusion 360 software, it is always free for hobbyists.

I've had it myself for a few years now, and I just have to renew the hobbyists license annually.

--

Loren Casey
Maryville,IL

--
Loren Casey
Maryville, IL

Join SergentEngineering@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.