Casting problem?

Ryan Harris

I am assembling some packages of couplers today - EC87P100K, EC87M040K and SEC87K - and all of them seem to have the same problem. There is a hole in the back of the coupler horn leading to the void for the locking ball. I am afraid that unless the hole is plugged, paint or glue could end up getting through the hole to the locking ball rendering the coupler inoperable.

I don't believe this hole has always been there. I usually clean and assemble the couplers using magnification and lots of light, so I think I'd have seen light passing through the coupler during the assembly before if this was common to my previous orders. Or maybe I just missed it.

Has anyone else noticed the hole in their couplers? Has it presented a problem allowing paint or glue to get inside the coupler?

I'm posting this here since both of my emails from two different accounts to Sergent have gone unanswered. I understand there's a past issue with spam filtering, but I can't get through to Sergent any other way.
--
Ryan Harris
Fort Worth TX