Re: The ball will not drop!

Graphite in the ball pocket will definitely cause the ball to stick in the pocket. Ask me how I know...

Whether there is any apparent flash or not, burnishing the ball pocket with a toothpick is part of my normal assembly routine.

I rub the inside face of the coupler and the face of the knuckle with an HB pencil lead. I don't use any powdered graphite products as they all seemed to reduce the reliability of the coupler operation.

Like Darren I'm accounting for the use of Sergents in my layout design.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.