Re: [SergentEng] RE: Drilling Holes for Top Operating Detail

Christopher Zurek

Frank,

Any seller on eBay that you recommend for these bits? I have a few right now that I got out of Harbor Freight variety packs, but I'd like to have more in case I break any.

Chris Z.

On 1/25/2014 10:23 PM, fsergent@... wrote:

I use #80 carbide drills intended for printed circuit boards at a high speed. You can generally find these on ebay by the pound. Be aware and beware that these are very brittle though. Don't think you can do this without safety glasses. A Seig X2 might be a bit overpowered for this job and vibration might be more than the tiny carbide drills can handle. I think you can buy kits to convert these to belt driven to reduce the vibration. I've got a Seig X2 as well, but I go to the small (really small) Unimat for this job.