Re: HOn3 Couplers

Charles Smith

Thank you for moving me over to the new Sergent Engineering group. So, I am not a robot but a guy who has been in a variety of scales but mostly interested in narrow gauge. Since space has always been scarce, I settled on Hon3 years ago. When I was starting my career, I tried ON3 with Clouser couplers that worked like both the prototype and the Sergent. Space and expenses became obvious to my college teacher’s budget but I never forgot those smooth-working couplers Bill Clouser made in lost-wax brass casting process. Their big problem was short circuits since cars, couplers, and trucks all conducted electricity well!

Thanks Mark for the picture of your painted coupler; I have been afraid to paint, especially from a can but will try it now that I have seen that it can be done. My first two bulk orders of couplers came chemically colored but my last 100 came natural metal which does not look as good to my eyes.

Charles Smith