Re: [SergentEng] (unknown)

Christopher Zurek

I have a pair of stainless steel tweezers. One in totally non-magnetic and the other is not.

The magnetic one has only a very slight amount of magnetism that it got from touching an uncoupling wand. I use that one to pick up springs or balls. I use the non-magnetic one to help place the item and remove it from the magnetic tweezer.

Chris Z.

On 2/6/2014 8:52 AM, Mike Van Hove wrote:
�

Good morning all,

I have had great success with a very small screwdriver. �It's the smallest of the set of drivers that I own.

It has somehow become ever so slightly magnetized. �I can pick up a spring on the end. �I don't try to impale the spring with the screwdriver. �I can guide the spring into the pocket of the coupler with the screwdriver blade, then just hold the spring down with my thumbnail and withdraw the screwdriver. �Works nearly every time.
I also use the same screwdriver to pick up (1) ball Bearing and insert it in the hole in the coupler. �I use a .5 mm lead pencil to hold the ball while I remove the screwdriver.
Like I said, the blade is just barely magnetized. �I'm not sure how well this would work if it were heavily magnetized.

Hope something here may help.

Mike Van Hove
On Feb 6, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Alan Hummel wrote:

�

Thank you Morgan,I bought a Spring Pic years ago,now the trick is to find the thing!!! Ever have that trouble?�Thanks for your input.
Best Regards,
Alan Hummel

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:24 AM, "morganreed@..." <morganreed@...> wrote:
�
As another person switching from Kadee's to Sergent I join in recommending the reamer. �I have a fair number of Sunshine kits and the mount is of VARIBLE size. �The reamer saves the day on that count. �Another tool I found useful is the Kadee "Pic" for inserting those *###?!!@ little springs. �If you use the tool and your thumb you can install quite a few in a row before one of them launches into space. �The spring really does help in lining up the couplers. �The final visual effect of the Sergent is, in my opinion worth the effort. �Have fun!

Morgan Reed

Join SergentEngineering@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.