Re: [SergentEng] Lighting the uncoupling wand

Dale Buxton

Thank you Jon,
What an inovative and and useful idea. I just had an idea to add this. You could use some heatshrink tubing to attach the two instead of tape

Dale Buxton

On Sunday, January 14, 2018, 7:06:36 PM MST, jzook@... [SergentEng] wrote:

Hi all,

Not sure if any of you experience some of the challenges operating with Sergent Couplers where it can be difficult to see the couplers in the dark space between cars (especially if your hand creates a shadow over the ends of the two cars).  I came up with a solution to tape the uncoupling wand to a medical LED pen light.  The pen lights have a clip to hang the light from a pocket or apron, and the on/off button is on the end so it's easy to operate with a thumb.  I attached a couple of photos of my apparatus, and below is the link to the exact light set I purchased on Amazon.

Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753YDLLH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope you find this helpful.

Take care,