Re: [SergentEng] New to group

Nathan Rich

Send a pic of the chopper couplers! I love the idea of different couplers apart from AAR couplers.

Not to go too far off topic but I have a 4-4-0 that I am planning on using some Link and pin couplers on. Just to have something different.

There is also a guy who is making Russian outline HO scale, having the proper SA3 couplers for that would be cool too. Just can't stand Kadee couplers anymore.

Nathan Rich

Dave;

I agree on the Kadee coupler looks.  At 73% the H0 Sargents are fiddly close for 3/4 size in S.  For a type D just file a bit on the knuckle.

I use AAR coupler height and Choppers from New Zealand for my Sn2 Gilpin in the Bitterroots.  I use H0 Sergents converted to Type D for my Sn3.5.  And, I will use S Sergents for my wide (std) gauge S. As I do 1923 I may convert them to Ds also.

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

Sn42 and Hn42 somewhere in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest