Re: [SergentEng] Announcing new coupler gauges for HO standard gauge and narrow gauge models

William Lugg <luggw1@...>

So the standard coupler height for HO equipment and On30 equipment is the same? I guess I would have expected On30 equipment to stand a little taller.

I ordered one in HO-On30 and HOn3 just the same; I love the simplicity and the fact that you can get them in a bright color so I can find them when I need them.

Thanks.
Bill Lugg

On 11/21/2016 08:55 AM, Mike Conder vulturenest1@... [SergentEng] wrote:
Pardon the multiple posts, but I'll only post this announcement once.
My company, CESCO, has completed and tested designs for a group of coupler gauges for HO stnadard gauge and several narrow gauge models. These are 3D printed plastic gauges, so they can be used on live track without shorting out the track. CESCO has them available for HOn3, Sn3, On3 and HO/On30 installations.
The gauges use a design and dimensions taken (with permission) from an article by Jim Vail in the Sept/Oct 1988 issue of the "Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette." Jim also has just published a review of the gauges in the Nov/Dec 2016 issue of the same magazine.
CESCO is currently using Shapeways for printing these, and they are available from Wolf Designs at $12/each for the HOn3, Sn3, and HO/On30 gauges, and $15/each for the On3 coupler (due to its larger size). CESCO is also working to get them carries by a couple of other vendors.
The gauges are also available directly Shapeways as well. Since these are new products, the gauges have a special introductory price of $9/each for the HOn3, Sn3, and HO/On30 gauges, and $12/each for the On3 coupler.
Direct links to the Shapeways store are as follows:
HO or On30:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/U9NRV6REA/ho-on30-coupler-gauge?optionId=60754347 <https://www.shapeways.com/product/U9NRV6REA/ho-on30-coupler-gauge?optionId=60754347>

HOn3:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/826G5CLT5/hon3-coupler-gauge?optionId=60755095 <https://www.shapeways.com/product/826G5CLT5/hon3-coupler-gauge?optionId=60755095>
Sn3:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/TP7BLPJSR/sn3-coupler-gauge?optionId=60754395 <https://www.shapeways.com/product/TP7BLPJSR/sn3-coupler-gauge?optionId=60754395>
On3:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/BYAB5P7E8/on3-coupler-gauge?optionId=60754450 <https://www.shapeways.com/product/BYAB5P7E8/on3-coupler-gauge?optionId=60754450>

If you have problems with these links, just go to www.shapeways.com <http://www.shapeways.com/> and search for CESCO.
Email me off-line at vulturenest1 at gmail dot com if you have any questions.
Thanks for viewing!
Mike COnder - CESCO