Re: Cleasning Castings Before Assembly

John Degnan

Either I forgot to attach the photo, or Yahoo stripped it,  So... trying again...

John D.

From: "John Degnan"
To: sergenteng@...
Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:42:33 PM
Subject: Cleasning Castings Before Assembly

During cleaning up the castings before assembly, has anyone ever actually broken off the little piece on the knuckle that the ball locks against when the couplers are locked closed?  This piece is the area in red in the attached photo.  I have recently acquired a few micro-sized wire brushes that I'm considering using to clean up the parts prior to assembly, and I'm wondering how careful I should be with these brushes in this extension of the knuckle... or if I should use the brushes at all?

(I ask this about both the HO and S scale couplers, assuming the S coupler to be more durable due to the larger size)

John Degnan

Scaler164@...