Re: [SergentEng] Cleasning Castings Before Assembly

Nathan Rich

You shouldn't have any issues. There is, however, sometimes a little piece of flash that you need to nip off on that horn.

As long as you watch four pieces of Walnut husk as you assemble you shouldn't need to really even do any major cleanup.

Nathan Rich

On Nov 3, 2016 19:42, "John Degnan Scaler164@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

During cleaning up the castings before assembly, has anyone ever actually broken off the little piece on the knuckle that the ball locks against when the couplers are locked closed?  This piece is the area in red in the attached photo.  I have recently acquired a few micro-sized wire brushes that I'm considering using to clean up the parts prior to assembly, and I'm wondering how careful I should be with these brushes in this extension of the knuckle... or if I should use the brushes at all?

(I ask this about both the HO and S scale couplers, assuming the S coupler to be more durable due to the larger size)

John Degnan

Scaler164@...