Re: [SergentEng] Re: New Sharon couplers

Christopher Zurek

What is Neolube and where do I get it?

Chris Z.

On 11/29/2013 9:32 AM, c_bryars@... wrote:

Update on Sharon for BlackStone cars (RNB87K). After building the 6 Sharon couplers decided to mount a set in a BlackStone High Side Gondola. Perfect fit! No filing required and did not need to ream hole out.

They are noticeably smaller than Type D and Kadee couplers.

Operation in limited testing is smooth and no ball drop issues like I had on previous type D without Neolube. when coupling seems to mate more reliably without excessive force.

Have not tried to weather or paint them yet. Thinking neo-lube might present a challenge to paint sticking. Will try Bar Mills or AIM powders to see if these work reliably.

Thanks Cameron