Re: [SergentEng] Possibly Going To Kadee's On Passenger Cars

Andrew

The main issue with modules is that they are moved around, exposed to wild swings in temperature and humidity and have varying degrees of quality in construction.  It can take quite a bit of effort throughout the course of a train show to get a module set back into adjustment.

I had no issues with lower shelf and double shelf couplers at the National train show.  I do not have any F or H type couplers installed yet.

Andrew

On Sep 29, 2016, at 7:31 AM, "Alan Hummel ahummel72@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Jacob,

Even though I've never had H or F couplers installed yet,I understand from the Sergent Website,those coupler types must have their height "right on" as you've painfully found out.

I only run freight so my contact with F couplers will face a similar situation. Fortunately,I'm working on a new layout so will be able to work over my benchwork first.

Is the difference between moduals,sufficient to correct the height difference by using risers to compensate?

Good luck.

Al Hummel