Re: [SergentEng] Sergents & Diesel plows

Nathan Rich

For that matter having F couplers in a few different lengths would be really cool. Is it hard to do couplers that are custom in terms of different shank lengths?

This is my favorite part of my hobby time is to get the coupler into the spot where it is the optimum between getting it as far recessed as possible but operable. Then at that point I find that things mousy closely match photographed engines... we have a set of FA's that have the couplers recessed really far but it looks good because couplers really don't sit out very far on the prototype it seems.

Nathan

On Aug 24, 2016 23:18, "TS egroupstuff@... [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Hi Frank,

Hard to say exactly as I don't have the proper plows that they'll need
yet but with the stock standard plows the models come with I think
+0.100" would be about right.

There is enough meat on the loco frame (which is plastic) to move the
mounting hole forward by that amount, but requires filling a deep void
to do so. Not hard but probably a pain.

I'll send you some photo's of one of the dry fitted models.

These are all Bowser 6 axle Centuries which I must imagine no one has
fitted Type F's to before.

Tim