Re: [SergentEng] Intermountain 19,600 gal. tankcars/ SEC87K

Nathan Rich

I don't think the Athearn model is badly tooled, they just don't expect any of us to expect such tight tolerances as is nee ded when we use Sergent couplers.

Nathan Rich

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Alan Hummel ahummel72@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

I used the SE coupler, not a kit, when Frank was still selling assembled couplers & the coupler swing was fine.
My worst problem so far in height is with the 5161 cvd hoppers. I had to file the coupler lid as well as the where the truck rides,to get the coupler to a decent height & I think this was a BAD oversight by Athearn in tooling that car. Sounds like they did the same with the tanker.

Al Hummel