Re: [SergentEng] Assembly step 1, knuckle flash

Tim L

I too normally just hold it between thumb and forefinger. It is a bit
awkward until you get used to it but it isn't too bad.

Something I'm going to try is drilling a shallow hole the "diameter"
and depth-to-tang of the knuckle in a piece of wood or something, then
I can just place the knuckle in the hole (the tang resting on the piece
of wood) and then I can just use light finger pressure to hold it there
to clean up the tang.

Tim

On 07/05/2016 17:27, Andrew Porter ihtsbih_2014@... [SergentEng] wrote:

Jeff and all,

I should have been more specific with my original question. How do you
hold the knuckle while scraping the flash off of it?

Andrew

On May 6, 2016, at 7:10 AM, "Jeff Young jeff@...
<mailto:jeff@...> [SergentEng]" <SergentEng@...
<mailto:SergentEng@...>> wrote:

X-acto knife (or even better a scalpel) and one of those magnifying
fluorescent ring lights. (Well, I don’t know about “easiest”, but
that’s how I do them anyway. In my experience you won’t find any
flash on about 80% of them, but you still need to do the step for the
1 in 5 that does have some.)

Cheers,
Jeff.

On 5 May 2016, at 13:36, Andrew Porter ihtsbih_2014@...
<mailto:ihtsbih_2014@...> [SergentEng]
<SergentEng@... <mailto:SergentEng@...>> wrote:

What is the easiest way to perform step 1 on the knuckle?

Andrew