Re: [SergentEng] LaBelle Cars

Mike Van Hove

Hi, Duncan.

The platform castings I have are not smooth on the bottom, but have a small amount of raised rib.  I would call them a thin representation of the main sills.  If they are filed down smooth, there will be VERY little meat left.  The distance between the sills is way too small  to mount the couplers between the sills.  If I glue the couplr boxes to the bottom of the sills, I think the couplers will be way too low.

Ain’t model railroading fun!

Thanks,
Mike

On Feb 20, 2016, at 4:45 PM, duncan harvey train3guy@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Mike,

Not sure if this is of any help. The La Belle end platforms are
smooth on the underside. I've just assembled couplers in their boxes,
whatever ones you are going to use for the Sergents, and then glued the
boxes to the underside of the platform. I've used Goo and I think epoxy
would work as well. I'm kitbashing a car using La Belle end platforms
and am close to starting another La Belle kit. As I look at the end
platform it appears to be well shaped, but lacking in detail, so I am
investigating what details to add and then how to add them - ratchet and
pawl, nut-bolt-washers, lower staff bracket, end railings and so on.
Hope this is of some help!
Duncan