Från:"Mike Van Hove mvanhove@... [SergentEng]"
Skickat:Sat, 20 Feb 2016 22:37:00 +0100
Till:sergenteng@...
Ämne:[SergentEng] LaBelle Cars

Hi, group,

I’m building some HOn3 LaBelle Passenger car kits.

So far, so good, but I’m a bit stymied as to how to do the couplers. I want to use (Naturally) the Sergent HOn3 Sharon Couplers. However, the casting that is for the end platform, coupler mount and truck bolster seems to leave a lot to be desired.

As those of you who have built some of the kits know, the instructions leave quite a bit up to your imagination. Especially in regard to coupler mounting.

The younger, brasher side of me says, “Trash this casting and build something new, from the ground up.” The older, wiser side of me says, “ Ask the group, they surely must have been there, done that.”

I did dig out the 2014 issue of the HOn3 Annual, from White River, which has a very good article on installing couplers on HOn3 rolling stock. However, the article does not deal with the LaBelle type of mounting.

So, if one or more of you folks out there has the solution to this, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mike Van Hove

mvanhove@...