Re: [SergentEng] Use of Couplers

Tim L

Hi Joe,

Happy New Year to you.

No, I was just using "Type X" as being a generic description for any
class of car (boxcar, hopper, gon, autorack, tank, etc etc) that might
have had rule changes applied during their life that affected what
coupler they were fitted with. Perhaps I would have been more
successful if I had said "type xyz".

I know there has been rule changes during the life of many cars over
there (for instance, passenger cars getting H couplers I believe was
some sort of mandated rule change). Because I don't actually know of
anything specific I decided to give a generic "type X". Someone much
more knowledgeable should be able to answer your question and if you
can give them a period in which you model they might be able to help
you make more accurate choices on what to fit.


Land of OZ

On 09/01/2016 23:35, 'Joe Pyland' jpyland@... [SergentEng] wrote:
Hi Tim,

Here a Type X is what we call a Box car (House car), is that what you
mean? A Type X in OZ could be something different.


Joe P

Join to automatically receive all group messages.