From: SergentEng@... [mailto:SergentEng@...]
Sent: Saturday, 9 January, 2016 04:15
To: SergentEng@...
Subject: Re: [SergentEng] Use of Couplers

There's no dumb questions, we only give dumb answers; such as this
one.

I'm not in the US so I can't answer your question as what gets used is
different here. I could tell you what gets used for what here but it
would not be relevant to your modelling.

I guess for someone to answer your question more accurately it might be
helpful to give a time period that you wish to replicate, coupler rules
changed over time and type X freight car might have mandated lower
shelf E's now but were originally fitted with plain E's before the rules
changed.

Tim
Land of OZ