Re: [SergentEng] Use of Couplers

Tim L

There's no dumb questions, we only give dumb answers; such as this

I'm not in the US so I can't answer your question as what gets used is
different here. I could tell you what gets used for what here but it
would not be relevant to your modelling.

I guess for someone to answer your question more accurately it might be
helpful to give a time period that you wish to replicate, coupler rules
changed over time and type X freight car might have mandated lower
shelf E's now but were originally fitted with plain E's before the rules

Land of OZ

On 09/01/2016 20:26, 'Joe Pyland' jpyland@... [SergentEng] wrote:
OH BOY, I get to ask the first dumb question of the new year 

The different types of couplers (Type E & Type F, and with Lower Shelf
and Double Shelf, Type H) , what is used where?

I know that Type E is used on most freight cars, passenger equipment
uses Type H, tank cars use Double Shelf (E or F??), but what else is
used where (I have seen some Lower Shelfs, but do not remember on what)?

I just am trying to get it right, like the look of Sergent couplers, and
they are cheaper then KaDees (hate #$%! plastic couplers).

Thank you,

Joe P

Join to automatically receive all group messages.