Re: walthers amfleet cars

David R. Olsen <drolsen@...>

When I first started experimenting with the original Sergent couplers, I tested them in Walthers Superliners by completely removing the original swinging coupler mounts and installing Kadee coupler boxes. This allowed me to set the cars up for close coupling so that the diaphragms would just barely touch.

I haven't gotten around to putting the Type H couplers (which I had been waiting for) in my Amtrak equipment, but I'll probably do the same thing again. Sergents work very smoothly inĀ Kadee coupler boxes without any filing to thin them down, and they're concealed under the car and behind the end sill anyway. This setup requires broader curves (I haven't tested the minimum yet), but that's my goal for my future layout anyway.

Dave Olsen
Alexandria, VA

On Dec 11, 2015, at 3:00 PM, martinmatsil1953@... wrote:i know that amtrak uses the H coupler on theirĀ  passenger cars,how are they mounted,on HO-scale cars,i am trying,to learn about,and how about,the walthers,horizon cars,used by Metro-North.Thanks,and God bless.