Re: [SergentEng] Using with Rapido passenger cars

Nathan Rich

I have had zero issues with thinning shanks with a mill file, I recommend it actually in some cases. A few swipes on the mill file is all you need.

If you are installing couplers on a passenger car you want an HC87K coupler.

Nathan Rich

On Thursday, December 10, 2015, drail14me@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Hey everyone. New to the group but not Sergent couplers. Love em and have been using them for several years!

I've NOT yet installed any on my Rapido passenger cars and that's the reason I came to this group.

Has anyone had experience with which couplers to use on the Rapido cars?

I tried using the standard EC87K but the shanks were too thick to use in the Rapido coupler box. I thought about filing them down thinner but thought I'd check here for a more compatible model Sergent before going through all that trouble of filing down shanks.

Thanks,

Dennis