Re: [SergentEng] Recommendations and Advice for Someone New to Sergent Couplers

Christopher Zurek

Back when I still used Kadee couplers I had a real issues with the metal covers falling off. I wound up drilling out the center posts and putting in small screws.

With Sergent couplers I use the EN87.

Chris Z.

On 12/8/2015 10:47 PM, Nathan Rich thaddeusthudpucker@... [SergentEng] wrote:

I've put many EC87's into Athearn cars.

Get a nice 1" flat mill file and give your assembled couplers a few swipes top and bottom of the shank. I find that they will operate a bit more smoothly.

You might consider EN87, then they go into the supplied Accurail box. I've had more than one coupler drop out on the mainline when the metal cover pops off.

Take Care,
Nathan Rich