Re: [SergentEng] Help

Morgan Reed

Hi,
If you are trying to assemble these wonders you MUST have an assembly jig on hand.  A pair of non-magnetic tweezers are really helpful.  There are numerous ways to insert those &&#%*** springs.  Check with the chat room files to different techniques.  I put the spring in the coupler box and slide the coupler so that, as you slide the coupler over the post, you capture the spring.  It's easier to do than to describe.  The assembly is annoying, at times, but the results are worth it.  There is a learning curve that goes with this as you chase those balls and springs around.  PLEASE don't try this without the right jig.  I think I got 2 couplers finished before I took the above advice.  Remember, it is possible to do.  Good luck!

Morgan Reed

On Dec 11, 2015, at 8:48 AM, eightnotch@... [SergentEng] <SergentEng@...> wrote:

Guys, I am having great difficulty assembling these couplers. does anyone have any advice?

-Scott