Introduction #Introductions

NozemUK@...

Good evening, I am Michael and live in Brighton.  I am interested in the  history of the 17th century. Also try to get up to  Worcester when I can, and have visited Fort Royal and The Commandery Museum a number of times.
I run a blog about 17th century war and literature called 'A Burnt Ship'  : Particularly keen to look find references to the Battles of Dunbar and Worcester in poetry and fiction, including the experiences of the Scottish prisoners.
Regards

Andrew Millard

Hi Michael,

You may like to look at our free FutureLearn course Archaeology and the Battle of Dunbar 1650: From the Scottish Battlefield to the New World. It has a section in Week 6 on The past in the present which looks at the representation of the Battle of Dunbar and the prisoners in stories, songs, films etc. https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/battle-of-dunbar-1650

Best wishes

Andrew

--

Dr. Andrew Millard

Associate Professor of Archaeology,

Durham University, UK

Email & Skype: A.R.Millard@...

Personal page: https://www.dur.ac.uk/archaeology/staff/?id=160

Scottish Soldiers Project: https://www.dur.ac.uk/scottishsoldiers

Dunbar 1650 MOOC: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/battle-of-dunbar-1650

Scottish Soldiers book:

 UK sales: https://www.oxbowbooks.com/oxbow/lost-lives-new-voices.html

US sales: https://www.oxbowbooks.com/dbbc/lost-lives-new-voices.html

Good evening, I am Michael and live in Brighton.  I am interested in the  history of the 17th century. Also try to get up to  Worcester when I can, and have visited Fort Royal and The Commandery Museum a number of times.
I run a blog about 17th century war and literature called 'A Burnt Ship'  : Particularly keen to look find references to the Battles of Dunbar and Worcester in poetry and fiction, including the experiences of the Scottish prisoners.
Regards

Teresa (Hamilton/Pepper) Rust

Are you interested in 17th century references in literature or also in recent historical books? There are several recently published accounts by descendants of the SPOW.

This page is not up to date but a few examples are here:
https://spows.org/historical-fiction/

Teresa

Teresa.Rust@...

--
Teresa (Hamilton/Pepper) Rust
Descendant of John Hamilton and John Magoon