Re: Three Chimneys Inn ~ ffrost Sawyer Tavern in Durham, NH

Annette Zamarchi

Three Chimneys Inn in Durham NH has wonderful food. Ask to sit in the Copper's room/kitchen. Original to the 1650s and you can imagine your ancestor walking on the wide floor boards.

Descendant of SPOWs William Furbish and Robert Junkins

Annette Zamarchi

 (603) 661-3488

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 8:59 AM Mark Johnson <mejcopy@...> wrote:
Charles, I have been reading about the Three Chimneys Inn ~ ffrost Sawyer Tavern in Durham, NH, apparently built at least in part by SPOWs indentured to Valentine Hill. I live in NH and hope to get there soon. I'm also reading Essential Agony: The Battle of Dunbar 1650 (Century of the Soldier) by Johnston, Arran. My SPOW ancestor was Malcolm MacCallum from Poltallach, Argyll and Blute. He was indentured on the farm at Saugus Iron Works.

Join ScottishPrisonersofWarSociety@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.