Re: SPOW Duncan Chisholm

Andrew Millard

Hi Paul,

This is a bit of slow reply as I’ve been snowed under with other things.

How far back is your paper-trail verified by autosomal or Y-DNA matches to other Rowe descendants? The Chisholm who fathered a Rowe doesn’t have to be in that first generation unless you can demonstrate that is the only possibility. Looking at your family tree the Rowes are all in Hampton, New Hampshire. The first couple of generations of Chisholms are in Biddeford, Maine, which is less than 50 miles away, and some later generations are at Newbury, Massachusetts, only 16 miles away, so it is hard to rule out interactions between the families in the intervening centuries.

I’ll ask to get the website changed for Duncan Chisholm, as I didn’t know of that 1659 reference when we were writing Lost Lives New Voices.

Best wishes

Andrew

--

Dr. Andrew Millard

Associate Professor of Archaeology, and

Designated Individual under the Human Tissue Act,

Durham University, UK

Email: A.R.Millard@...

Personal page: https://www.dur.ac.uk/directory/profile/?id=160

Scottish Soldiers Project: https://www.dur.ac.uk/scottishsoldiers